Friday, September 26, 2014

Dolla Holla

Well everyone, we made it to the end of the week and I don't know about you, but nothing has ever felt so sweet. It's been a crazy one and I've missed posting, so here we are! This morning I sang for recitals; my lovely music major friends were also featured. Here is a picture of us all looking dashing. Gavin, Sophie, and Cassi are all fantastic people and extremely talented.


We all had a great time performing, but I think there was a sigh of relief following, knowing that we won't have to freak out again for a little bit. Anyways, what I really want to focus on in this post is thrifting and the Friday DOLLA HOLLA. The Goodwill in Lincoln has a 10 for 10 weekend once a month and today happened to be the beginning of this month's mad rush of sales. I went with some of the Willards and we each took home a fantastic haul. I managed to snag some great vintage, as well as more modern pieces and only managed to spend $14 (the shoes I bought weren't a dollar, but were too cute not to pass up). Here are some pictures of the things I scored today.


[Mossimo (Target) moto skinnies]


[Vintage shell with rose print]


[Vintage floral print slouchy top]


[Vintage woven sweater]


[Old school American Eagle top]


[Perfect vintage floral print dress picked out by Tarah]


[Vintage woven flats]


[Slouchy tee]


[Another slouchy tee with a vintage wash]


[Vintage gauzy beach top]


[Vintage striped pullover]

The key to finding awesome thrifted items is to go often and buy things that you can work into your wardrobe. After all, you're only spending a dollar; it's so affordable! I'm obsessed with prints, but have some plain skirts and shorts that will complement the printed tops I bought. The more simple tops will go with my printed skirts, jeans, or leggings. One of my favorite parts of thrifting is finding pieces that have character to them. It's fun to have something a little different that no one else does! Anyways, happy Friday, have a fantastic weekend and look for more posts this weekend. I'm going to see Desert Noises and AZP tonight, so check back for stuff about that:)

No comments:

Post a Comment