Saturday, September 13, 2014

Friday Formalities

Willard Sorority had their annual Fall Formal last night and the duckies were dressed to the nines. I was feeling the Gatsby theme (which is a great movie, if you haven't seen it; everything about the roaring 20s, from the dresses, to the cheekbone length bobs, to finger waved bangs and huge headbands). Two years ago while on choir tour during Christmas break, we had a shopping day at the Plaza in Kansas City and I snagged a beautiful blush/beige shift that had some old school charm. I paired that with a red pedicure, super tall beige heels, and soft waves pulled to one side. I wish I could have gotten a picture of the back of this dress, but I didn't (think a low-cut V with teardrops beaded on the edges, SO pretty). The best parts about the dress? It fits well, is from H&M and was on super sale. Also, since I want this blog to be about my life and the clothes that go through it with me, here are some beautiful humans that I am blessed to know!

Joanna and I in front of her DIY'd paint chip chevron wall
Joanna borrowed my dress that I got brand new from a consignment shop; it's from Francesca's, originally $44, but snagged for $16


Katrina or K. Pierce, Miss Fierce is looking fantastic in her $5 thrifted dress from Goodwill


My two beautiful roommates, Amy and Alex
Alex is wearing a necklace borrowed from Amy and a her own dress from Target
Amy is wearing her own necklace and dress; the dress is from Promgirl.com


This picture describes Cassi and my relationship perfectly: sass
Cassi is wearing her own necklace and dress (she snagged the dress for $10)


Dress: $5, H&M
Shoes: Borrowed from my stylish sister, Pamela
Nail colors: Essie

Enjoy your weekends and stay stylish!

No comments:

Post a Comment