Monday, September 8, 2014

Mid-Day Musings

I've been thinking a lot about living with less and succeeded in cleaning out my closet before my junior year of college started. In an attempt to appreciate the things I already own, I have decided to switch up my wardrobe a little more by wearing everything in my closet once before repeating. This will be a little tough, but I think it'll be good for me. I also wanna keep this blog as authentic as possible. We are most beautiful when we are our natural selves and I believe that when you portray your true self to the world, others take notice and feel more comfortable being themselves. I hope this idea holds true with my blog!

That being said, I hope you're all enjoying the blog so far. It's been a great experience getting the chance to put my thoughts out there. This semester and school year has already been one for the books and I've been working hard to take more time for myself to do things I want to do. Coincidentally, one of them was to start a blog-and here we are/ I'm glad that it's finally materialized into something new and interesting!

And now for a sneak peek into some possible upcoming features on the blog: daily outfits and pictures, tips on thrifting and finding cute clothes cheap, mixing and matching inexpensive and more expensive items, how to wear vintage with modern, lists of good consignment and coffee shops (because let's be honest, the two go hand in hand), and general things about life. I'm also thinking about featuring some of my beautiful friends on the blog and sharing their stories. Other things that are definitely up and coming are some great photos taken by one of my best friends, Tarah. We went on a little photo shoot the other day and I'll be posting those soon. Check out her website, she does fantastic work:  www.tarahdawdyphoto.com. We'll see where this year takes me, I'm just excited to be able to share it with all of you! Also, I'd love to hear from you, feel free to send feedback:)



{Don't let the Mondays get you down}


Top: $48, Anthropologie
Belt: Free with skirt from Target
Pants: $5, H&M
Sandals: $20, Target


No comments:

Post a Comment