Monday, September 22, 2014

Weekend Lovin'

This weekend I wasn't scheduled to work and took advantage of being able to go home and see my parents. It was awesome to get to have a low key weekend and hang out with my mom and dad. The house felt empty without my sister, Emily, who is a first-year student at Indiana University. I haven't seen her since August, but I'm flying there next month for a reunion, YAY! So here are some pictures from the weekend, some of my momma and puppies (I have two weiner dogs) and then other random shots. Also, I found some head scarves my sister left in our room, so below will be a short tutorial on tying two different types of headscarves!



Mom and I had late night dessert at this European bakery in Omaha


Top: $10, Urban Outfitters
Belt: Free, came with Target skirt
Skirt: Urban Outfitters


[Blue Line cappuccinos and muffins]


Skirt: same as pictured above
Shoes: $40, Urban Outfitters, borrowed from my sister


Dress: Free, vintage, from the 80s (my mother's)
Leggings: $12, Target
Socks: Gift from my aunt
Boots: same as pictured above

Tying head scarves is easy and can make your hairstyle a little more interesting (or help you if you're having a bad or don't-have-time-to-wash-your-hair day). Here are two simple ways to use headscarves:

The top picture is just a simple double knot in the back. Put your hair up in a pony tail or top knot, place the scarf on your head and tie in the back.

The bottom picture is a twisted scarf. Place the scarf around your head so the tails point away from your head. Pull them upward, twisting them around each other. Wrap back around your head and tie in the back. 



Top: $1, thrifted from Goodwill
Scarf: Free, borrowed from my sister










No comments:

Post a Comment