Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Thrifting in Unexpected Places

I'm a firm believer in searching for clothing with character. Something about the possibility of finding something fantastic keeps me going back for more. More often than not, with a little elbow grease, you can find some pretty interesting pieces in mundane places. I work at a children's consignment store and noticed soon after I started that some of the clothes in the store would be good additions to my wardrobe. Luckily, everything is inexpensive and also comes from the children's or extra small maternity sections, so there is quite a variety to choose from. I can always find something intriguing, right within my reach.

 So here's my call to arms: look in unexpected places for unique pieces that can spice up your wardrobe or simple ones that can play the complimentary role to your already print filled closet (the latter is definitely me, I'm a print junkie). Going further than that, buy pieces you love and re-purpose them into something different, like using an over-sized blouse as a kimono or wearing a dress with a skirt over it to use the top of the dress as a shirt. There are so many ways to make simple things into something spectacular! Here is my outfit for today and three things I bought at work today:)


Scarf: $12, Charlotte Russe
Top: $10, Anthropologie
Jeans: $20, American Eagle Outfitters
Shoes: $48, TOMS


$1, thrifted from Lily Pads
[found in the Girls 14 section)


$1, thrifted from Lily Pads
[found in the Girls 14 section]


$5, thrifted from Lily Pads
[found in the Boys section]

Hope this gives you some good ideas of things you can buy for not much money! Keep your eyes peeled for more tips on finding great clothing deals.

No comments:

Post a Comment